areas of practice
tried & tested trial lawyer 13+ years
Kentucky state and federal courts
Auto AccidentsAny car or truck accident can cause devastating and life-threatening injuries. Legal consequences are inevitable when two or more drivers are involved in a car crash. Ideally, any accident between two or more parties would be handled between the insurance companies. Unfortunately, this is not often the case. When an injury occurs due to the negligence of another party, often the victim is forced to file a civil suit. I am compassionate and understanding of your situation. If you or a loved one is injured in a car crash, there aren’t very many options – get the best medical care to help you or your family member recover in the best, safest way possible. Part of my job is to ensure that you aren’t held liable for huge medical costs. It is your legal right to seek compensation for injuries you received in an accident, and I am prepared to do everything possible to help you obtain the fair settlement the law says you are entitled to have.
Auto Accidents in Kentucky
No matter where you are located in Kentucky, I am committed to offering exemplary legal representation. Many people do not realize the lawyer they choose for an important case need not reside in their community. I practice auto accident cases throughout Kentucky.
Car accidents occur much too often in the United States. There were over 35,000 fatal motor vehicle accidents in 2007 alone. If you or a family member has been injured in an auto crash in Kentucky, I can help. You will meet directly with me and I will personally handle your case. You will not be assigned a case manager as do other law firms. I will always be there to guide you through the tough and often confusing legal process. Feel free to call my cell phone, 270-991-8601 with your legal questions.
If you have been injured in a car wreck and you feel that it was because of the other driver’s carelessness, it is important to remember the following:
- Keep complete records and documentation of all medical bills Keep records of all other expenses incurred due to your injuries (drugstore bandages, braces, etc)
- Keep a log of work days missed.
- Do not agree to any sort of settlement without consulting with me. People who attempt to settle their own case almost always get taken advantage of.
- Do not admit that you were at fault – even if you believe you were. Closer examination of the evidence may reveal that the other driver(s) were much more at fault than you were.
- Do not wait too long – there is a statute of limitations for filing a personal injury suit in Kentucky. Time is working against you.
- Contact me immediately so that I can begin the process of gathering evidence before it is destroyed. The insurance companies have people dedicated to investigating auto accidents before important information is lost or destroyed. Shouldn’t you?